No sound on recorded videos

Hi.

Got an iPhone 5 that has no sound on the videos I record on the back camera. When I record with the front camera there is sound.

Anyone with an idea what the problem might be?

-Alex

Not only for me my two friends have this same issue with i phone 5s

Check to see if there is a thin transparent piece of plastic on the entire back side of the phone (it comes on a new phone, and some people leave it there as protection against scratches, etc). Because of this plastic, the back camera and flash will seem to work fine, but the mic (small hole between the camera and flash) will not work well because it is covered by the plastic. You might not notice it especially if you have an external phone case as well.

Peel the plastic off and the video mic on the back will now work fine. Note: initially, after buying the phone, we were able to record video fine until a certain iOS update. My theory is that video previously used another mic on the phone, and then one of the updates activated the rear mic (then the problem began). But this is just a guess.

Had the same problem. Removed the plastic film that had'nt noticed was there, working fine now

Most Helpful Answer

1.Check There is a small Whole Next To Rear Camera there Might Be Some Dust or Liquid things & Clean Up

If Didnt Works

Just Replace Power Button Flex Cable in That There ll Be a Mic Might Issue With That

Hope It Works

Varun

iPhone 5 Power Button Replacement

Go there the back mic needs replaced it's part of the power volume flex

Front camera uses the front mic

If there is a screen protector on back side remove it. the mic is behind the phone between the camera and flash....

I fixed mine by simply plugging in a headphone, then removing it. For some strange reason this action fixed the no sound when recording a video using the front (main) camera

alex will be eternally grateful.