It's very important to take note of the connections of motor wires to each end of the capacitor loop, I believe, or the motor might run backwards. I'm no electronics expert, but I can copy what the manufacturer did, which is what I did. The caps have + and - ends, but in my circuit I found + to + connections, and I found - to - connections. The caps seem to have arrows drawn on the side to indicate flow and I just match up the arrow flow the same way it was before I take it apart. I call the arrow point end + and the end away from the point - . As far as the values of the caps, that is printed on the side of the caps inside the motor. I've done two pump motors now successfully, with slightly different values because of age and design, but both Aquabots. One, ( the older one ) had a printed circuit board that the caps were soldered to. The newer one didn't, but it had slightly higher value caps encased in an epoxy resin that you have to carefully remove them from so you can still read the values and + or - connections in the loop. Try WD40 to loosen the resin hold on the caps, it helped me. I've noticed both motor's caps had the same voltage (35V I believe ) while the older one's micro fad (uf) value was 435 and the newer one was 480. I bought them on ebay in an electronics store. I hope this helps.