The PlayStation 3 (or commonly known as the PS3) is the third home computer entertainment system produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, and the successor to the PlayStation 2. It was released November 11, 2006

PS3 makes 3 beeps then shuts off

PS3 makes 3 beeps then shuts off every time I try to turn it on. it does it like 2 seconds after i turn it on with the red light blinking

i tryed to turn it shuts off

I have this same problem, but no yellow light. It just blinks red all the way until I shut it off. I really need to do a backup and all my save data is on the old, dead ps3’s hdd. When I put the Samsung hdd in my new, GameStop pre-owned Ps3, it wants to format it, obviously. Any help, any rlod fixes?

Sounds like the yellow light of death. Try this. Turn off the console. Unplug it for for a few seconds. Plug it back in. Turn it on.

Now when you push the power button, watch the lights. You should see the lights flash yellow, then blink red. If so, you have the yellow light of death.

Yellow Light of Death Repair

Subba will be eternally grateful.