Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

black screen,no backlight, connects to itunes.

After liquid damage.. cleaned logic board, replaced battery/lcd digitilizer.

however screen remains black with no sign of backlight either. I can sort of see slight blackness on the lcd logic board component but wouldn't have thought enough to prevent the screen to not be working plus I would still have the backlight on, and its component is fine. ive checked that its seated in properly into logic board etc.

I can connect to tunes and battery is charging etc, it will vibrate when using the mute button.

would this possibly have anything to do with proximity sensor issue, (on/off button stopped working before the liquid damage) or lcd/digitilizer faulty or logic board?

Thankyou for any feedback

Hello it's possible that the screen is dead and a replacemnt will sort it but with water damage you just don't no

Thankyou for responding. I shall try another new screen and hopefully that solves the issue.

If the new screen doesn't work then you no it's the problem with the lcd pins that are a bit black

Calder will be eternally grateful.