Apple released the MacBook Pro 15" Retina with a new display that has a 2880-by-1800 resolution.

1346 Questions View all

Can someone tell me from where comes this part?

Returning from the Apple store for a topcase repair, this rivet was moving under the capslock key. The key was stuck, so I was able to remove it.

Block Image

Block Image

(It's not a classical pentalobe screw, this one is tinier and without thread)

Thx for your help !

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0


Hello , what do you mean by your question , are you asking about what this part is used for ? or Where you can find another one?


Hello !

I'd like to know if this rivet comes actually from a MBPr, knowing that I've never seen one of these before, if yes, and if it's an important part, I'm gonna return to the genius bar (which isn't near, and it's starting to become boring... blunders on blunders !)


I would recommend you to contact @mayer , he has more experience with Apple parts than me


Okay ! Thank you for your answer !


Add a comment

1 Answer

Chosen Solution

That looks like the brads used to secure the keyboards to the upper case. It does not appear to have been used. Since it was on the outside of the machine I really wouldn't worry about it. Things like this get picked up by magnetized tools. It's probably something that got dropped it at some point by accident.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 2


Many thanks for your answer !


Add a comment

Add your answer

arlemt will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 0

All Time: 60