The MacBook Pro 15" replaced the Aluminum 15" and features Intel support and an integrated iSight camera.

Sticky Space Bar - Shorted connection?

The space bar on my MBP has been sticking. Removing it fixed the problem, so I thought replacing it would do the trick. I bought a replacement and swapped out all of the parts except for the rubber "nub." The space bar did not work at all.

So after removing everything again, I've discovered that even brushing the "nub" will result in a space being recorded. I can even press on the grey area BETWEEN the scissor mechanisms and the computer thinks I've hit the space bar. I think I messed things up even more by trying the repair.

Time for a new keyboard/sell this machine for parts?

While this is no longer a supported system by Apple, parts are still available. This series has a very easy replaceable uppercase which includes the keyboard. Follow this IFIXIT guide: MacBook Pro 15" Core 2 Duo Models A1226 and A1260 Upper Case Replacement.

Yuuk will be eternally grateful.