The second generation of the iPad with Wi-Fi, GSM and CDMA models. Some models were refreshed before the iPad 3. Repair is difficult and requires heat and prying.

Gray lines through the middle of the iPad screen.

This happened 3 times actually, I dropped it by accident and when I pick it up, colored lines appear through the screen. I took it to the apple store and this guy at the genius bar bent the corners of the screen and fixed it.

The 2nd time, the same thing happened but then the lines were gray instead of colored, I got it fixed at the apple store but they warned me that I have to be extra careful with it or it may break again.

And the 3rd time it broke, I bent the corners of the screen and I banged it into the wall lightly and it seemed to work again, when I left it overnight however, the same problem exists.

How do I fix this and what is happening?

EDIT: By bending the corners of the iPad again, the color was changing and suddenly the screen was back to normal. But I'm scared it might happen again.

Also placing your device into your microwave on high for 5 minuets solves this problem immidiately. If you do not have a microwave, an oven is a safe alternative and you should leave your iPad in your oven for about 20 minutes on high heat.

Most Helpful Answer

Flip the iPad over and give her a good slap on the backside. Fixes most LCD problems.

Hope this helps

That did work but the iPad is not permanently fixed, it is less durable then it used to be, before I could drop it 6 feet and it will still be working fine only with a small dent.

@128k, " before I could drop it 6 feet" why would you?

@oldturkey03 this solves the problem! I find that dropping your device into a swimming pool or large body of water fixes it immediately.

I usually give it a good throw against a wall. This always fixes the problem. If that doesn't work I'd just suggest head butting it until either it or you are fixed.

Also I recommend placing your iPad in the microwave on high for 5 minutes. Your device should work perfectly after that.

This sarken201@gmail.com. I have gray and white lines from one side to the on my iPad screen. Need it fixed

Drop it on the ground with the screen facing down until small cracks appear and then then take a little nail and tap all over the screen lightly. This works very well and made my iPad go back to normal and work even better than it did before.

it sounds very much the the connector cable that sits between the LCD and the logic board is working its way loose, it has a metal band on it that is supposed to secure the connection, but impacts can dislodge the clip meaning that the connections can come loose. As seen on step 29 to 34 of this guide.

Stand on one side of a room and throw your iPad or tablet against the opposite wall . This works every time and I find it extremely effective. This technique was recommended to me and I was skeptical at first but it works like a charm!

128k will be eternally grateful.