Is there a way to check the proximity sensor without calling

is there a way to check the proximity sensor without calling for the iphone 5/5s/ and 5c?

Most Helpful Answer

Yes. Use iPhone stock apple app Voice Memos. Make short recording, play back with loud speaker OFF, and then you can test the Proximity Sensor.

Works perfectly! The test was a succes, my Proximity sensor works fine, but still the problem while calling.

woooow.. thank you berry berry much.. :) it worked like a charm :) .. I see my proximity sensor works fine but if I place my hand near earpiece speaker but too close to the screen. I mean with very close distance.. may be a few milimeters from sensor screen turns on again..

hi, if its possible can you please elaborate a little about "loud speaker OFF" and whether the proximity test is by placing a hand/finger on top of the phone or other method?

thanks in advance :)

You can use Phone diagnostics app developped by Hitek Nova to test most of the functions including proximity sensor:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/phone-di...

I tried this app. It's helpful to test LCD, touch panel. It also can test camera, buttons & touch ID of the device. Great!

My wife uses Samsung and when she finds the similar app on Google Play, she saw Phone Doctor Pro with the same UI. Not sure they're from the same developer or not...

I don't think there is my friend

If you have raise to talk for siri enabled, that might work.

Hey Siri this is Farzana here

yea i think so may b not tho idk really sory

You can use voice record to test proximity

Subba will be eternally grateful.