Guides and support for various TV brands and styles.

Toshiba LED HDTV 58L1350UC loses brightness?

When I turn on my TV it displays the toshiba screen fine, then loses brightness. If i shine a flashlight on the screen i can see my xbox home screen very dull.

Does anyone have any idea why it would be doing this or a way to fix it? I tried switching inputs, no change.

Any chance you can post a hi-res image of your power board for us. Or that you can give us the number of the board.

unfortunately i do not have a hi res camera. but i will get the board number for you tomorrow

Tyler, you are having some backlight issues for sure. this could be your driver board. try this first:disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself and not the remote for 10 seconds then release. Then plug the set back in and press power once. let us know what happens

Hi thanks for the reply! I tried what you said, and still have the same issue.

Okay, so lets see if we can narrow it down to which board. Just to make sure, that TV is still pretty new. Any chance it is still covered under warranty?

yes it is, until nov 25th, was just hoping it was something i could fix at home without driving far

I will confirm I accepted answer on basis of warranty suggestion. I cannot confirm which board was repaired.. Sorry.

Tyler will be eternally grateful.