Guides and support for various TV brands and styles.

Toshiba LED HDTV 58L1350UC loses brightness?

When I turn on my TV it displays the toshiba screen fine, then loses brightness. If i shine a flashlight on the screen i can see my xbox home screen very dull.

Does anyone have any idea why it would be doing this or a way to fix it? I tried switching inputs, no change.

Any chance you can post a hi-res image of your power board for us. Or that you can give us the number of the board.

unfortunately i do not have a hi res camera. but i will get the board number for you tomorrow

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Tyler, you are having some backlight issues for sure. this could be your driver board. try this first:disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself and not the remote for 10 seconds then release. Then plug the set back in and press power once. let us know what happens

Hi thanks for the reply! I tried what you said, and still have the same issue.

Okay, so lets see if we can narrow it down to which board. Just to make sure, that TV is still pretty new. Any chance it is still covered under warranty?

yes it is, until nov 25th, was just hoping it was something i could fix at home without driving far

I will confirm I accepted answer on basis of warranty suggestion. I cannot confirm which board was repaired.. Sorry.

I tired what you said and it fixed my problem but about a minute and a half later the screen got dark again. But it's only like my bottom right-hand corner and it's not like pitch black and still can see but it's darker than the rest of the TV so I'm dark parts of like a game or TV show I can't really see what's going on in that corner the TV

But as I said I tried what you suggested and it fixed my problem for a little over a minute and then flat it flashed and then drop back down the screen is darker again

Any help would greatly be appreciated thank you in advance and I would like to get the problem resolved if I can because the TV is only 3 4 years old at the oldest and I want to keep the teeth very poor as long as I can and if anyone can help me resolve this problem please and thank you because as I said I'd like to keep the television

Tyler will be eternally grateful.