The Samsung Galaxy S II is a smartphone designed, developed, and marketed by Samsung Electronics with Android 2.3 "Gingerbread."

246 Questions View all

Where do I get my charging port fixed cheap

I need a new charging port in my phone but um technology challenged and broke is their somewhere i can get it fixed cheap n quickly

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment

1 Answer

Chosen Solution

amy droz, you could either change the Charging Port Dock Connector Flex Cable or try to solder a new micro USB port on your flex cable. Since you describe yourself as "um technology challenged" it might be easier for you to replace the flex cable The flex cable would be available at places like this as well as on here and here as well and the micro USB port can be bought right here. Use this teardown to help you with the task. Hope this helps, good luck


The flex cable connects one circuit board via a connector to the main logic board. The smaller circuit board holds the charging port as well as other components. It is a "simple" switch over, versus having to solder. The attached image shows you what it looks like.

Block Image

Was this answer helpful?

Score 2


What's a flex cable if its a charger then ive already got like 30 of them no joke


amy droz, no it is not. See the update in my original answer. Take a look at this video


Add a comment

Add your answer

amy droz will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 1

Past 30 Days: 2

All Time: 303