Fourth generation of iPad, released November 2, 2012, available in Wi-Fi, CDMA, and GSM models with 16, 32, or 64 GB of storage.

touch screen not working (even after replaced screen/digitizer)

Two weeks ago my iPad stopped responding to touch (as far as I know, nothing happened to trigger this. I didn't drop it, it just stopped working). Tried restoring. Nothing.

I bought the screen/digitizer/home button ifixit part and replaced it last night. Thankfully the power & home buttons and screen still work after the replacement.

Unfortunately, the iPad still does not respond to any touches and I cannot slide to unlock. I tried a DFU restore this morning, and that did nothing either.

It didn't look like anything was wrong with my original screen/digitizer and it doesn't look like anything is wrong with the replacement.

Are there are other things that could be preventing the iPad from receiving touch input? Anything that I can try fixing?

(before I tried these repairs, the genius bar only was willing to replace it for $300).

I'd love any suggestions. Thanks.

Havent got an answer unfortunately, just replying to say I am in exactly the same position. New digitizer same as the old one, no response at all. Tried all hard resets and restores too. Used a compressor to blow out the socket, nothing. To me its pointing towards a logic board problem, which is obviously not going to be a cheap fix.

Did either of you ever get a fix?

replaced screen and phone comes on but no response phone worked with broken screen. Replacement was only $12 could it be a junk screen

evan will be eternally grateful.