Apple logo is stuck on and fades to green

This morning whilst on my phone the screen faded into green with vertical lines and turned off. Now it won't turn on and the apple logo is stuck on in a cycle that starts normal and fades to green and shuts off and the cycle continues. If I manually turn it off by holding the power and home button it will completely turn off only if it's not plugged in. If it is plugged in it will not turn off. Also when connected to the computer, it won't show up on itunes so there is no way for me to recover it.

What should I do?

UPDATE: I tried to factory reset it and won't finish because the apple logo loop won't go away so iTunes is stuck with the loading bar saying 'Waiting for iPhone'

It sounds like it could be your LCD I would try a hard reset to see if you can kick it out of restore mode then trying to replace the LCD.

Hope this helps!

I have the exact same problem. I think all it needs is to restore to factory settings but it seems impossible to do. It won't enter recovery or DFU modes, just continuously loops. Did you make any progress?

Sounds like a battery issue I would replace then see if it continutes

I should update this to say that I went to the apple store and they replaced it for free out if warranty based on consumer law. If it's happening to you, get it in as soon as you can. The guy there didn't know what it was and just did a straight swap

Towanii will be eternally grateful.