Repair guides for many brands of PC laptop (notebook) computer.

How to remove stuck SD card out of laptop's card reader?

Hi everyone!

A while ago I inserted the dummy card in my laptop's card reader slot, but it got stuck. Any ideas how to get it out the slot, so I am able to use the slot?

Andrew

I have tried it several times, but I am not able to get the needle to the end, because there is not enough space. Even with a second pin I am not able to get it out of the cardreader. On the other side are the contact pins and my needle gets stuck there.

Should I use a hobbytool to drill the dummy to pieces? I am affraid that's the best option...

Get a fine sewing pin and put a little hook on the end (about 2mm hook) get the hook in behind the card and gently tug. You may have to use a second pin without hook to guide the card up or down.

I used sewing needle to pry it out--picking at it from the front on the sides and bottom. (It's made of soft plastic and I don't mind if I damage it.) Eventually it came out. YEA!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

take some tweezers and pull it out of the card reader thats how I got mine out

It didn't work!

Z3pcs will be eternally grateful.