Model A1286. Released February 2011 / 2.0, 2.2, or 2.3 GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 Processor

weird issue with battery

I believe there is something wrong with the Logic Board - it will work fine as long as there is no battery connected!

If you connect a battery (I have tried a dead one and a brand new one that I just bought and tested in another mac) and it will work for about 30 minutes, before just shutting off and not turning back on. Unplug the battery, wait a few hours and it will work again without a battery, on the charger only.

Is there something wrong i can check with the circuits that control the battery charging system?

edit: after the 2 hour waiting period, after it shuts down, it will work normally with the battery for another 30mins or so,and will repeat those stages.

Also during the 2 hours it will not work after shutting down, the battery indicator doesn't show a battery installed, and the mag-safe indicator is a faint green, turning bright green after the 2 hours, when it is able to turn on again.

any other suggestions are welcome!!!

after the last shutdown an error was reported, called a sleep wake failure. i have reset the smc, and installed coconut, which reports the batter to be working.

Can you post an image of coconut so we can see.

Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor more than our dads—let’s celebrate all the mentors who taught us how to fix.
Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor those who taught us how to fix.

Did you try resetting the SMC yet? Follow this Apple TN: Intel-based Macs - Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC).

I would also install this gem of a utility: coconutBattery

See what happens afterwards and take a screenshot of coconutBattery for us to see whats happening.

brad will be eternally grateful.