Model A1136 / 30, 60, or 80 GB hard drive / black or white plastic front

iPod Video new battery not charging

My battery on iPod Video 30Gb died, so i replaced for a new one. But my iPod wont charge throught the usb 2.0 ports on my Mac, tried the block charger and that doesnt work. I tried another new battery and the same problem. I tired a new cable same results. any ideas?

I would at first check the voltage of the batteries with a multimeter.

if the voltage is to low - it wont charge (usb) or could take long to show sings of charging (wall charger).

the logic board could be the problem, but as i wrote before, check the voltage first.

you can also measure the battery contacts on the logic board - remove the battery, plug in the usb cable and measure the voltage on the logic board (i mean the battery contacts ;-) )

Markus

i thought of that too but, i believed he tried two batteries. Then again wouldn't hurt to check with a voltage meter.

I had many batteries with low voltages - every flavour from 0 to 2.6v - that would always be to low to get an iPod charged via usb

I never had problems with batteries. i guess thats why i never checked the voltage. i have done over 100 battery changes and never a single problem.

thats funny - i had mre faulty/failed/deep discharged batteries in my life than faulty "logic boards". many batteries from china are too empty to get charged with normal equipment. i think that anyone could have different experiences with that stuff so we don't have to compare "body parts" here.

Since it's under warranty

contact Apple support.

If this answer is acceptable please remember to mark it.

Good Luck,

N.

The logic board which hold the charging unit is what goes bad. I dont know what causes it but i have seen a few cases where the battery just wont charge. its a hit or miss but the logic board would be the first place i would check. in all my cases it was just a matter of replacing the logic unit. BEFORE YOU go and order a part and try to fix it just look inside the charing port of your iPod and make sure there nothing in there.. sometimes its just a piece of lint stuck in there. =)

iPod Video (30 GB) Logic Board

Helpmymac will be eternally grateful.