Fix fingerprint scanner: Replace A7 CPU and home button?

Hi iFixit,

I have bought an iPhone 5s 64GB Black Verizon (model A1533) and the home button is from another iPhone, therefore the fingerprint scanner doesn't work. Everything else is functional though.

Now, I have another White iPhone 5s with working fingerprint scanner. My question is: Is it possible to take A7 CPU and home button bundle from White one and reball it to the Black one?

Do you know of any repair shop that does this in North America?

The iPhone logic board is so packed I don't know anyone who even attempts this with the older iPhones.

You may want to see what Apple can do to fix your phone. They will just swap out your logic board.

I got this Black iPhone off eBay. Would they still do it?!

Well, I see some bare motherboards being sold on eBay, so it seems some people are doing this kind of shenanigans, eh?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/121338750618

Nope, someone has done a bit of dumpster diving and snagged some trashed boards or pocketed them off of the line to try to resell.

The other risk here is a stolen phone that has been stripped for parts. The rub here it's hard to tell the good guys Vs the bad guys selling parts unless its from a solid storefront thats been in business for a few years.

Ah, thanks Dan. What I wanted to do was to get one of these and desolder all of components from my Black iPhone 5s plus home button and A7 CPU from white iPhone 5s and see if it works, but well it seems so much hassle!!! I think I just live without fingerprint scanner then! :(

Rez will be eternally grateful.