7.9 inch display / Model A1432 / Available in black or white / Announced October 23rd, 2012 / 16, 32, or 64 GB capacity

Test the logic board without LCD?

I have a first Gen ipad mini that got run over by a couple cars after falling out of an open trunk.

The chassis , LCD and Digitizer were wrecked the insides (logic board, battery and cables look pretty much intact. My question is whether or not I can fire it up in iTunes without an LCD or digitizer attached?

I'm concerned I might blow the backlight IC but am not sure if there is a work around with attaching a new LCD.

I can't see it doing any harm plugging it into iTunes to see if it reconises it..

No point spending a fortune on parts for it to be bricked in the first place

Ok. Just I'm clear. What causes the backlight ic to burn out? Is it powering the logic board without the LCD connected or connecting / disconnecting the LCD while the board is powered up?

Brian will be eternally grateful.