Model A1237 or A1304 / 1.6, 1.8, 1.86, or 2.13 GHz Core 2 Duo processor

368 Questions View all

plastic next to broken hinge is also broken

I had a broken hinge 18 mos ago and it's happened again. This time the plastic piece that looks like the back of a folder is cracked down the middle. Can I buy this part? What would I call it? I've been able to make two other repairs to my MacBook using ifixit instructions (I know I bought a lemon) and I want to try again.

Answer this question I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0


Can you upload a picture?


Please give us the last three figures of your serial number so we know your exact machine and get you to the correct parts. Thanks


i HAVE The same problem, but I need but the part, is for sale ??


Add a comment

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

2 Answers

Most Helpful Answer

Or you can use Sugru to repair the broken part...

Sugru Moldable Rubber (3 Pack)

If this answer was helpful please remember to mark it accepted.

Sugru Moldable Rubber (3 Pack) Image


Sugru Moldable Rubber (3 Pack)


Was this answer helpful?

Score 1
Add a comment

Epoxy it

Be sure to use a heavy duty epoxy.

See this similar answer: display housing partly unattached

If this answers your question please remember come back and mark it.

Good Luck,


Was this answer helpful?

Score 0
Add a comment

Add your answer

meemawsue will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 0

All Time: 2,976