Furby was a popular electronic robotic toy resembling a hamster/owl-like creature which went through a period of being a "must-have" toy following its launch in the holiday season of 1998, with continual sales until 2000. Furbies sold 1.8 million units in 1998, 14 million units in 1999, and altogether in its three years of original production, Furbies sold over 40 million units.

How can I fix my 1999 original Furby?

Hello

I put some batteries on my good old furby(because I have the new furby hot and I want them to be friends) but the problems it does nothing but sleeping. it only says me sleeps and start snoring and then it sleeps, I can't get him to do anything else. is there anything I can do about it?(I've tried resetting, didn't work)

Most Helpful Answer

tbyksl, here is a fix suggested by my colleague pollytintop "hold down tongue

turn furby upside down

shake furby a bit

turn right side up and release tongue.

You may have to hold tongue longer or try again." How can I fix Furby's motion detector?

If Furby is stuck in just sleep mode, it is possible it does not recognize any movement through the Light sensor photocell in Furby's forehead. I would start on that one and see if it is still functioning. For way more info on the Furby, check this site. It has great information and plenty of autopsy pics. Attached is the diagram for the Furby's electronics. Hope this helps, good luck.

it still was helpful but didn't work:(

Kay a very short term solution can be putting your finger or something in its mouth and tilting it on its side or on its back / holding it upside down for anywhere from like 10 to 60 seconds, depending on how long it needs to be upside down fed..... it will stay awake probably just one time.

You may need to take more drastic measures and open up its back, find the "sync screw" underneath the back sensor button dealy and fiddle with it,may need to be tighter...or just a tad looser (fiddle with it while its awake, eventually it will start acting different to let you know what works or if you should keep fiddling with the screw

tbyksl will be eternally grateful.