Movies, music, multimedia in your home. Use our guides to repair home entertainment devices from surround sound A/V receivers or conventional stereo receivers to power amplifiers, preamplifier, speakers, and iPod/Bluetooth speaker systems.

How do I troubleshoot my Insignia Surround sound system?

I was listening to 'rise against' at a medium volume, not too loud, and my little bro(12) turned it down a little, then we lost all bass.

After that, I shut it off and tried to turn it back on and it went to DVD, when i turned it off it was in AV1, and the turntable (it's a 5 disk changer) started turning for like 3 seconds and it just shuts back off

any ideas?

I figured out what was wrong-- it just overheated! When I came back home my parents were watching a movie on it and it was working fine.

Here is a link to the manual on that item. The manual contains troubleshooting tips for the system.

Be sure all cables are installed correctly and the settings are set to the proper channels and inputs.

Good luck.

Skippy722 will be eternally grateful.