Battery drains very fast after screen replacement

Hi everyone,

Just to start I repair lots of screens for all types of devices so I have some experience in this area. Maybe 200 screen changes and I've not had this problem before.

I changed a particular screen for an iPhone 5 white. It went very smoothly but a week or 2 later the individual came back to me and said the battery drains really fast, in 20 minutes from a full charge. He was just enquiring if it was the screen source this!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

Did I remove the battery connector when changing screen I ask this cause there are small componants below it that might have gotten knocked off..

If not then it could be a simple case of a new battery iphone 5 is horrible for battery's

No I didn't go near the battery. This was why I was so confused since the battery and it's connector are shielded

I would try a new battery I could be that it decided just to go faulty hopefully a new 1 will sort it out

I wouldn't rule out that the new screen is causing a short on the Logic board, I have seen this many times, when the phone is powered up does it get warm to touch ? That would tell you it has a short.

My Iphone 5 does this, how would I go about fixing it?

I changed my iPhone 5S screen, then the battery life went to 5-6 hours while stand by.

I surprise and I thought the new battery is needed. Before buying new battery, I check what if the new screen is the problem. I changed my screen with my wife original screen, but problem got worse. Now both iPhone 5S's batteries drain faster and Touch ID's do NOT work on both phone.

I thought my phone battery drains faster because of new screen or battery. What about my wife's iPhone 5s. Everything is original and I placed everything back to phone. Now battery drains faster and both phone Touch ID's do NOT work. I believe new IOS has some future that when you open the phone, somehow some functions starts failing.

I'm having the same issues. Replaced my iphone 5s screen and now my battery drops exponentially. Sometimes it will erradically change percentage and eventually shut off. If i view snapchats or am on skype i will go from 100% to 70 within about 30 seconds and jump to 40% and so on then when I plug it into the charger it goes back up to 100% or 80% but its always a drastic jump. sometimes it will leak 4% every couple of seconds and so on. IF anyone has any information regarding this problem please send me an email yepitsteddy@gmail.com

Andrew Mc will be eternally grateful.