The Lenovo IdeaTab A2109 is a 9-inch multi-touch screen tablet released on August 27, 2012.

Why isn't the touch screen responding?

My touch screen will not recognize that I am touching it. I can wake the device up, but it stays still on either the home or lock screen and does not let me touch anything to unlock the device or open applications.

My lenovo touch sreen not working arter new replacement,

Most Helpful Answer

First, try to reset the system. This could not be possible, but if you are able to, start with this. To Reset the system you will enter System Settings and then Backup & Reset and you can press on Reset and the system will be resetting to the initial state.

If you are unable to perform this 'soft reset'. you may want to try a hard reset. WARNING: performing a hard reset wipes all data and sets the tablet back to default system setting. To perform a hard reset, push the up & down volume buttons and power button at the same time. When the reset screen comes up, use the volume buttons to choose 'wipe cache'. Then select 'yes', then 'wipe data factory' and 'yes'. After this has all finished, reboot the device.

If the problem still occurs, contact Lenovo support at https://forums.lenovo.com.

I tried this (thanks for the instructions, hence the upvote) but it didn't make any difference; it now sticks at the 'set location' screen which needs touch to proceed.

Did you drop it. the digitizer top glass might be cracked and broken or the cable could have been damaged or unplugged. I have a crack screen and touch still works. There's an app called phone tester but u need to be able to touch. Unless there's USB mouse support?

but if it happen only when the phone become dark n lock n when want to unlock not able to touch ..but when take sometime it can touch back to unlock , that time it can use normally...is it because of damage too??sorry for my broken english

Try to turn ur phone up side down then touch/press the lenovo logo on top of ur phone and see what happen. This is working in some android. I hope it works for u.

Just repaired a Lenovo A2 charging port. After the repair when I got the tablet to charge the touch would not work. I held the power button down for about 15 seconds until it powered off. A minute later I turned it on and it reset itself and the screen started working. I knew their was nothing wrong with the touch screen because the cable was not damaged and after testing the connector on the board for current I got a reading over 2.0 volts. Hope this helps.

I've had the same problem with my Lenovo tablet. Everything works... but it simply stopped recognizing touch. Only system I've ever had that did this. Nothing I've been able to do has fixed it.

Having the same problem due to a friend handing me a "broken" pad... Nothing f...in helps... Thinking the touchscreen is physically broken, or possibly the driver. :-)

Mine has just done the same, last month it suddenly would not charge for a week... I picked it up randomly and tried it out of curiosity and it worked again... Now this... Can I access it remotely?

I have brought lenovo phab 15 days back,one week it's works fine. After touch recognizing some times only. Pls give some solution to fix.

Touch Problems on TAB? ? immediate solution is to plug in a computer mouse using OTG Adapter. Mine Lenove Tab sometimes does not sense touch. After plugging in the mouse you can control , take backup or reset the tab.

Best wishes!

Vishal

Vishal, I plugged the tablet into the computer and was able to access the data. What needs to be done after the tablet is plugged in to the computer? I could already reset the tablet using the power-on function (hold volume up while pressing power key). Resetting tablet did not restore screen function.

So once I plug into computer and have access... what then? Thanks.

In my Lenovo Tab 3 Essential a problem occurred in display when I am swiped on notification bar it is not responding on only side

And iam rest everything and everything get same not fixed,and I turned on auto rotation on tab by setting and I put up set down and the notification bar work and the navigation bar is not working, it is not having a cracked on display

My dopo tablet is non responsive. It want go off the lock screen even though I factory data reset it

Abigail Bertholf will be eternally grateful.