Carlos, Perhaps try these attempts:
1. Try to turn on the computer with the charger adapter off the laptop.
2. If the laptop does not turn on, plug in the charger to the laptop. With the charger and the battery both attached to the computer, try to turn on your laptop.
3. If the computer turns on, turn off the computer and remove the battery. With the charger plugged in the computer, try to turn on the computer one more time.
4. If you are able to turn the computer on with the charger plugged in (and no battery), it is most likely a battery issue. Perhaps buying a new battery for your computer will be needed.
Here is a link that can help you replace the battery for the Gateway NV52.
Gateway NV52 Battery Replacement
5. If your laptop did not turned on on step 3, your charger adapter might be damaged. Perhaps try to use a different adapter and follow the steps one more time. Chances are that both your adapter and the battery could be damaged.
Hope this helps!