Model A1297 Unibody: Early 2009, Mid 2009, Mid 2010, Early 2011 & Late 2011

491 Questions View all

Is there connection between keyboard & it's support?

I removed the aluminum support bar that is transverse to the bottom of the keyboard. This bar passes over the open slot that is near the middle of the black plastic back cover that is glued around the keyboard periphery. I removed the black keyboard cover to access the bottom of the keyboard, which I then vacuumed away the dust and cat hairs.

What I failed to observe was if there was a part connecting the keyboard & the support bar that fit through the slot on the black plastic.

Is there a part there? What does it look like?

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0


Clay, it might help if you add a couple of images of the area in question. to add images, use this guide Adding images to an existing question


Add a comment

1 Answer

Chosen Solution

See if the pictures in steps #41 - 44 of this guide show you what you need: MacBook Pro 17" Unibody Upper Case Replacement

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1


My support bar shows signs of worn off paint on the bottom edge on the fan (concave) side. Unfortunately, none of the pictures provide sufficiently clear close ups of that location to resolve the part.


Add a comment

Add your answer

Clay will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 0

All Time: 54