Apple iPad

Comprehensive repair manuals on all portable tablet computers by Apple. Repairs are likely to require heat and careful prying.

My ipad turns off by itself

Wy my ipad turns off by itself every 10 minutes, when have a 100% battery charge?

my 5 year old Ipad charges however, won't shut off. And has a blank screen

by taraarae

Another thing is what version of IOS is on your iPad? I updated to 9.1 or 9.2, the current one, and doing that helped. I have noticed that I have currently 5.8 GB of memory available and it works OK, but when it gets down to less than 2 gigs, then big apps like Garage Band, Microsoft products, Video apps it will tend to lock it up.I have since removed the Microsoft products because Apple products tend to work better and I have more memory space. But since I gone to IOS 9.??, when it locks up and reboots, I have notice there is more memory available. Also I leave the iPad on at night during charging and it therefore tends to clean things up and works. I also use a memory cleaner software to scan the memory to get rid of leftover junk.

by Barry

Also it you read about the reset option on the iPad, not the one that runs when you decide to sell your product and resets it like it was brand new and erases everything, but the one that doesn't erase everything but puts the iPad like a new IOS installed clean state, that may clean up any problems you might have. That is why I now update IOS when new ones come on board to reset and clean the software up. It helps too. But be sure that you have made a backup of the iPad before you try this or you may have a lot of work ahead of you reinstalling everything!

by Barry

Does it turn off, or simply enter sleep mode? If so, you can change when it sleeps by choosing Settings -> Auto-Lock -> and select a time. Hope this helps.

+ If it's not sleeping (or changing sleep settings has no effect) return it to an Apple store or contact Apple support.

by originalmachead

Thank you very much for your help, was very helpful to me, and definitely that was my problem. thank you again. Princess

by Princess

Holding the 2 buttons won't fix problem. Also doing a reset settings may help . Best fix is check memory available. If it gets below 1 gig or lower like 500 mega, better start deleting ebooks, apps or games. Had this problem on my 16 gig ipad 3 for a while and the above fixed the problem.

Barry

by Barry

what is the contact # of customer service in Apple Store?

the charging of my ipad has no effect

by annmhuntenino

Turn off you iPad by pressing both the ON/OFF button and the Home button at the same time unitl the little time marker goes off, wait 30 seconds and press the ON/OFF button and the Home button at the same time again until the Apple Logo appears in the center of the screen. It may take a minute of two waiting time before you see your desktop display again....this should correct most cases of the iPad shutting down by itself.

This is a toshiba I pad. It doesn't have a home or sleep mode button

by Susan bengtson

just awesome. This worked like magic for me. Thanks for the tip.

by artificialmsis

thanks, I was very nervous.

by Ariellie Corpuz

Go to settings general then auto lock then you can switch it to what time you want it to shut off

Maybe some app is causing it to do that. Delete some unnecessary apps?

My iPad turns off

People telling to take back to apple!! Why the heck would people ask for help if try can do that????

Most like lose battery or connection

Try a reset in settings at bottom of general page you have a choice to reset saving data or a reset to factory settings which wipes everything if neither works return to Apple Store as faulty. If it won't stay on long enough then return to Apple Store. Good luck.

My ipod turns off within 5 seconds when its at 100 percent then when I try to turn it back on its like I turned it off to begin with and then shuts off within 2 seconds and the third time i try it, it turns off completely and wont turn back on unless i charge it.

by alyssarocks962

Take it back to the apple store!

I tried that and it still won't work and it won't even turn on. It is always off and it goes from 7% to 0% in seconds

Victoria Morales - Please use the Add Comment link, or start a new Question of your own. This space is reserved for Answers only.

by originalmachead

Sounds like you may need a new battery or charger.

by originalmachead

Try deep nutz

Princess will be eternally grateful.