Comprehensive set of repair manuals for Android tablets manufactured by Samsung, including the Note 10.1 and the Tab.

samsung tablet won't download anything

I have lately been unable to download anything that doesn't come from the app store. Whether I just want to save a picture off google or download a game for a game emulator, I can't do it. I try and download, and it SAYS it is downloading, but it never shows up on the ongoing downloads tab and it doesn't show up in my downloaded content. How do I fix this issue?

This question was migrated from http://meta.ifixit.com/Answers.

It let me download 1 app but it won't let me download anymore

Hi haley,

This link may be of some help Why wont my blu 7.0 ii update or download apps?

Hi i have a samsung galaxy pro sm T-900. This appears on the screen everytime I try to do something.( Unfortunatly the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped) How do I close it down. It wont let me x out and i tryed to reset, shut down, rebout. Every time I press a key that statment pops up... Can anyone help please?

Hi Cadel

my tadelet will say it's download ing a game and when its finished it dousent appear.

hey i dont know if youre still having this problem but if you are go to your app manager in the settings menu scroll over to turned off apps and turn on the app named com.sec.android.providers.downloads

I have a Galaxy 10.1 and there isn't anything called com.sec.android.providers.downloads -- I even tried to update GoogleChrome, but it won't let me access that either. Any other suggestions? I reset to Factory settings .... twice.

I can't download anything including update chrome

This may just be a simple bug, check if your software is up to date or as opposed to turning it off and on again try letting the battery completely die out and while its off let it charge fully and see if that works. Sometimes with small glitches like these all you need is a quick reset.

It won't even let me update it.

this does not work tried it

Play Store won't load or download apps

If you're having trouble loading the Google Play Store or downloading apps and games, try the troubleshooting steps below.

These steps can also help with the following error messages:

"No connection"

"Error retrieving information from server. [RPC:S-7:AEC-0]"

"AppName could not be downloaded due to an error. (927)"

"Connection timed out"

Step 1: Make sure you have an Internet or mobile data connection. Then, restart your device.

Turn your device off and on.

Open the Play Store app Google Play.

Proceed to Step 2 below

Step 2: Did restarting your device solve the problem?No, I need more help

Update the date and time on your device

Following these steps will sync your device with our servers.

Open your device's main Settings app.

Touch Date and time.

If you see "Automatic date & time" and "Automatic time zone," uncheck them.

Manually change the date and time so that they are wrong.

Note: don't worry - we'll change them back to the right date and time in a minute.

Tap the Home Screen button.

Go back to your Date and time settings (repeat steps 1 & 2).

Manually change the date and time, so that they are correct.

Re-check the boxes for "Automatic date & time" and "Automatic time zone."

Proceed to step 3 below.

Step 3: Did updating the date and time on your device solve the problem?No, I need more help

Clear cache and data

Open your device's main Settings app.

Touch Apps or Application manager (depending on your device, this may be different).

Touch Google Play Store > Clear cache > Clear data.

Touch the back arrow Back arrow.

Select Download Manager > Clear cache > Clear data.

Note: If you've changed your settings on the Google Play Store app (content filters, password protection, etc.), you'll need to set them up again after clearing cache and data.

Proceed to Step 4 below.

Step 4: Did clearing your cache and data solve the problem?No, I need more help

Reinstall Play Store updates

Open your device's main Settings app.

Touch Google Play Store > Uninstall updates.

When prompted to change the Play Store app back to the factory version, touch OK.

Open the Google Play Store app Google Play.

Go back to your device's home screen. As long as you have a strong Internet connection (Wi-Fi or mobile data), your Play Store app will update to the latest version within a few minutes.

Note: If the problem persists and you're trying to download apps, continue with the following steps. If the Play Store won't load for you, contact us.

Proceed to Step 5 below.

Step 5: Did reinstalling Play Store updates solve the problem?No, I need more help

Install system updates

Open your device's main Settings app.

Select About or System updates (depending on your device, this may be different).

If an update is available, follow the on-screen instructions to install it on your device.

Try your download again.

Proceed to Step 6 below.

Step 6: Did installing system updates solve the problem?No, I need more help

Make sure Download Manager is turned on

Open your device's main Settings app.

Near the top of your screen, you'll see several sections like "Downloaded," "Running," or "All." Swipe right until you see "All."

Touch Download Manager.

To turn Download Manager on, touch Enable. If you see Disable, you already have Download Manager turned on and don't need to make any changes.

Proceed to Step 7 below.

Step 7: Did turning Download Manager on solve the problem?No, I need more help

Check your device's available storage

Open your device's main Settings app.

Select Storage. If your "Available" space is running low (less than 1 GB), you may need to free up storage space by uninstalling other apps or deleting items like pictures or videos.

To uninstall apps:

Open your device's main Settings app.

Select Apps or Application Manager (depending on your device, this may be different).

Under "Downloaded," select an app.

Touch Uninstall.

Are you serious? It reads like a mad book! Why is there not a simple solution to this VERY common problem???

the problem due to many reasons, so the solution follow from first to last, i am sorry for you feel like that..

Thank you do much!!!! spent 3 days over this tablet!!! and bingo come here and I did what you said, it worked thank you again !!!!!

Hi atilanoherlyn,

Not quite sure where it is located in your Tab but go to Menu > Settings > Apps > swipe right side to ALL Apps, then scroll down and find Download Manager. The Apps are listed alphabetically, with working apps first then disabled apps.

Tap to enter Download Manager. If there is an Enable button tap it then try to go online.

If it says 'disable' tap to disable, then clear cache. reboot Tab then navigate back to download manager and enable it as above.

See if you can access the internet with your browser.

Thank you! I had actually forgotten to clear the cache but it still worked.

Uninstalling Play Store updates worked...finally!!!

Reset the tablet

How do i reset, and will i lose anything by doing this

We didit already but we cannot able to download anything .. an error appear on the screen

Update Google Chrome to the latest version. That is quite possibly the problem

One reason might be because some of your apps need approval to update, I figured that out today. Try updating your Google Chrome or Browser

My old tab had no trouble downloading into a third-party app (UB reader). New Samsung 8 does, it just says all files can not be downloaded, no matter what format. Clearing the download manager didn't work for me. Clearing the UB reader as the default solved the problem. Now I download with Chrome and open in the reader app.

I have that same problem aswell. I have internet (obviously) and 3GB on my device, but it won't download.

WE NEED AN ANSWER!

... and here it is! If you have another thing (computer, another tablet, vodaphone,) try downloading it on that! (You NEED a computer and charging cord for your device... NEED!)

hey get a new email acount and it will work

go to the application manager then disable apps then enable the download manger

Good morning, and I lost 4 hours of nothing you can tell me now update that we did yesterday

You did this yesterday morning Google after we completely updated my phone you said it needed it you have now invalid login it's not that's my password and I don't have another 4 hours to kill you update it right you have a backup system that you could check the computer everytime you tell me download an app it says you don't need it I'm not downloading any apps

.

It says that unfortunately firefox has stopped

If you cannot download anything that is not from playstore try going to settings > security > something that says allow download from unknow sources I guess or something that talks about download. I had this problem today good thing I was able to sort this out. By the way make sure you are on the owner user because it doesn't have that option as guest.

Am receiveing apps and games but when I am trying to download it. It is saying theres a problem pursing the package

I received an app but when I am intalling it. It is saying theres a problem pursing this package

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 and this is what I did to rectify this problem:

I went to Settings, Applications, Application manager, More, Show system apps, com.android.sharedstoragebackup, Permissions, and noticed that Storage was off. After this was turned on, downloads worked beautifully!

How do I fix the problem

My samsung tab a ,don't want to download any movies on the Internet, when I click on download it says open up with video or picture app ,don't know what went wrong it normally didn't said that before when I click on download it just downlaod.don't know what went wrong please help.

Ozrick, did you check in Settings, Applications, Application manager, More, Show system apps, com.android.sharedstoragebackup, Permissions, to see whether Storage is off? If it is off, turn it on. That's what I did and after that I had no problem downloading anything.

The best thing to probably do is just reset the whole tablet period

You could do that, but if one is like me, who has many apps installed, and several email accounts with settings, then it could take a while to install the apps again and redo all those settings. So I would reset the tablet as an absolute last resort.

Why cant i download it

purexintuition will be eternally grateful.