Check that you have an Airport (wireless) card
Go to Applications->Utilities->System Profiler launch it and look under Network:->Airport
- If you have a card its type will be listed.
- Use System Preferences->Network to enable the Airport Card, and set its position in your means of communication.
- You might want to disable modem if it's still in there
- With airport on, and a wireless network in range '' it should show up under the Airport icon in the Menu Bar.''
For what it's worth there's no need for a password unless you are not the Administrator. With the proper System CD you can reset a pass word.
- If you can add a new account you can give that user Administrator rights.