The PlayStation 3 Slim is the second version of the PS3 video game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment. It was released September 1, 2009.

Are PS3 power supplies Cross compatible?

I'm going to try fixing my PS3 Slim 320gb (CECH-3001B) by replacing the Power supply. I was all set to buy one (APS-250), when I opened up my playstation to find that my PSU is an EADP-185AB. (It's pretty rare by the looks of the videos on Youtube, and tutorials on fixing PSU's).

Will this work? If not, is which Power supplies can I use?

Or do I have to use the exact same part number that came out of my unit?

Ben McPhee, the power connectors are the same. The output amperage in the APS-250 is a bit higher. The casing seems to have some minor difference, just enough that I would stay away from. I would not want to end up with something that may not quite fit. I suggest to stick with the EADP-185AB. It is available at places like this and many more. It is a bit more expensive, but at least you know that it will fit and work properly. No second guessing in case something goes wrong.

can I replace a eadp 185ap with a eadp 185ab?

Ben McPhee will be eternally grateful.