MacBook Pro models with 13" displays

How do I change my drive region?

Hi there, a few weeks ago i inserted a DVD (movie) into my laptop and a pop up came up relating to my drive region. It asked me to change drive region to the code the dvd i was then watching to. It says in the brief that you can only maximum change your drive region 5 times. Without knowing, or trying to change previously i have used all 5 goes up. That was the maximum attempts. I am no longer able to watch DVD'S on my laptop as the drive region is set permanently to drive region 1. I need to change my drive region to 4 but cannot change. Is there anyway i can change my drive region again? Or else i am never able to watch DVD'S on my laptop, which means i will have to buy a brand new MacBook Pro 13" ?? Hope this was specfic enough, thanks heaps!

No. Only by replacing the DVD drive with a different model could you "reset" the firmware that controls region.

This a firmware issue with the drive (insisted on by the same companies who like suing downloaders). There's no fix via the OS, and no hacks like you can find for some standalone players.

As a work around:

Go to System Preferences > CD & DVD: set the DVD option to ignore. That will stop DVD Player automatically opening it (and then telling you it can't). You can then open the mounted DVD with VLC or some other third party player

If this answer is acceptable please remember to return and mark it.

SAVANNAH KLENNER will be eternally grateful.