A washer series by Maytag with a low rate of customer satisfaction and a high rate of failure.

Dryer runs but clothes don't dry

The dryer runs and sounds normal, but the clothes are still wet after running "heavy duty" mode for an hour. This just started happening. I don't think the air in the dryer is warming up.

I had the same problem. A technicien came and check the blower and heat.

He said it was fine. He told me to clean the hose and vents.

Cleaned out all vents and hoses.

Still have the same re-curring problem. Need two cycles or more to dry our clothes.

I have the exact same problem. Need to run the dryer cycle 2-3 times to dry fully.

I have had the same problem for past couple of years. My husband cleaned vents checked temp, etc. Still has to run for hours to get clothes dry. Not very energy efficient if you have to use it for so long

has anyone found a solution to this problem?

Me too. I suspect the water hose for the steam setting is wetting the clothes. I had water in the vent and the floor beneath the machine was damp as well. Mine is the Bravos YMEDB850WLO. The matching washing machine (MVWB850WL1) also is needing repair...probably the bearings as it is super loud in the spin cycle.

I'M SO SICK OF PLANNED OBSOLESCENCE!!! Just can't ever get ahead. :(

Clare, first you have to make sure that your air vents are all clean and not obstructed. Then check your fuses. There should be two fuses for the dryer in your fuse panel if you are in north America and running on 110V. If those are okay it can get a bit tricky. This dryer model has a blower assembly that is belt driven. Check this video to show you how to replace that. Part number 29 in the diagram, and it is available at places like this . If the belt should be good, or a new belt does not fix it, you may have issues with the heating coil as well as problems with the thermostat and cut-off temp sensor. Let us know how well you are with a multimeter when you get there. Hope this helps, good luck.

Where can I find the heating element on my dryer

What make and model dryer is it?

Maytag brovo quiet series 300

My MAYTAG IS THE BRAVOS MCT mode: YMEDB850WL1

Clare will be eternally grateful.