Announced October 22nd and released November 12th, 2013. The iPad mini 2, also known as the iPad mini with Retina Display, has all the pixels of the iPad Air in a smaller 7.9" form factor.

How to fix a broken iPad mini retina screen

I have a broken iPad mini retina screen. How could that be repaired and what cost. Apple Store cost is 249.

Most Helpful Answer

I'm not quite sure exactly what you mean---

If you mean you have an iPad mini retina version device that currently has a cracked touchscreen, then you can either order a screen assembly and follow a guide to try a DIY screen replacement, or send it out for glass screen replacement service.

If you mean how do you repair a broken LCD itself--that is generally not possible, folks just order a new retina LCD screen as a replacement part.

jessa

It's more difficult than full size iPads. A lot of tape needs to be transferred and the LCD needs to be carefully separated. Any DIY kit should be sure to include a digitizer that does not require soldering.

Wes Pitts will be eternally grateful.