Samsung's 5th-generation Android-based Galaxy smartphone was released April 11, 2014. Improvements to the phone include a fingerprint scanner, updated camera, larger display, and water resistance. It is available in four different colors; black, blue, white, and copper.

Why does my camera say, "Warning: Camera Failure"

My camera doesn't work. Whenever I open my camera app, a message appears saying, "Warning: Camera Failure" and the screen doesn't display anything.

This is an issue that phone companies are aware of and are willing to replace the phone for you if you have this problem.

The cause is unknown yet but you could try looking at the troubleshooting page to look at information about this problem.

This doesn't help atall

Regarding camera failed on samsung galaxy5....I finally did what my local vodafone shop (where I took out the contract) recommended and backed up and reset to factory settings. They said this would cure the problem but after reading many other peoples letters on the same subject I knew it wouldn't work and it didn't. Took phone back to shop where they arranged to have it sent away for repair. This will take 7 days or so. They did offer me a courtesy phone, something from the ark with no internet which is a scandal really considering how much I pay every month on the contract deal. Offer was scornfully rejected by yours truly and so will their contract be when it's up for renewal. The only thing that cheers me up is that everyone else who has experienced this problem with their galaxy5 has had it replaced by a new phone in the end. Oh joy of joy.

Do I take my camera to best buy where I bought the phone or the phone company.

What about the Samsung galaxy s3mini?

Remove your sd card. It was the only thing that worked for me

I tried everything that's been suggested everywhere, except going down the factory re-set route, which I really didn't want to do. I saw the above comment about removing the SD card & thought "why not?". Took the card out, plus the SIM & left it for a minute or so before putting it all back together & re-starting the phone. Camera came up straight away as well as the flashlight, which had also stopped working. Definitely worth trying before going down the painful route of a factory reset!

it helps!thank you

I removed the SD card and all was well again. What's completely weird is that apps I had "moved" to the SD card were right there where I left them originally? Basically, installing an SD card to gain more room seems to have ruined my phone and fried my charger. Plus the phone is overheated and losing power way more quickly than it did before. What the !&&* happened? And I installed a SAMSUNG 16 gb SD card!

Omg it worked, I had this problem several times and I always just restart my phone and it work but this time it didn't but the SD card thing worked

Mate your a legend, iv tried everything under the sun to no avail. So i Took my sd card out and boom it's working again. Iv had the sd card in there for a year working fine so it must be something to do with the 5.1.1 update I did that don't like the card. Many thanks matey

Go to settings - app manager - under all apps find camera & click open it - clear cache - restart mobile. This worked for my cellphone.

Was this a permanent fix?

Thanks,this was very helpful

Not permanent

This didnt work for me. Took phone back to shop and they tried to fix it but couldn't. All they suggested was saving everything on to Samsung Kies and doung a factory reset. When I asked what would happen if this failed they said they would have to send it away. I have a contract phone with vodafone but they did not offer a permanent replacement or one during repairs. I have decided to do without camera and change make of phone when contract is up.

does it restart your whole phone??

try few more steps if all this steps do not work - If you were taking pictures and suddenly camera shut down with an error message then best way to solve the problem by restarting the device .

The cache and data files of your camera app make the app more efficient. The cache files allow the camera to open quickly while the data files save information regarding a personal selection of the modes and options in the camera app. Remember this that once you clear the data files, you will lose all modified settings on the app and they will go back to the default settings.

follow FIX camera Failure and not working android-phone see if this fix your camera and phone issue . thank you reading at ifixit .

This problem has been discussing a lot here http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung...

Some one have solved the problem, so you can see if you have the same problem with them especially the App"Go Flashflight".

Just turn your phone off and then turn it back on my phone did the same thing if this doesn't work take you phone back to where ever you got it

I was having same problem. When i push camera icon on my iphoe samsung, camra screen with control button come but no picture, screen black.

I switched off my phone. Remove battery for one minute and put back battery switched on phone and found camera work ok. Please try it.

But remove any ;clean antivirous : programe installed before above actions.

I did the same and worked!! Thanks a lot!!!!!

Settings>Application>All>Camera>Clear cache>Restart mobile

ENJOY :) Your camera will be fixed

Arad_SB

It is the best way, but note other phone like tecno H6 the problem still, thus you may try to remove sd-card+power off your phone almost 10 seconds then power on it, the camera will respond and will work properly just for short time then the problem will continue again, but for other phone the problem it quit.

Does not work for the s5 active, I tried every thing mentioned. Had to take the phone back and get another one.

This !#^&@@ me off today bc I had this problem I looked it up and it said turn off your phone for 10 secs and turn back on and check the app or take out your battery and plug back in it worked for me hope it works for u

Im telling you remove sd card i did it it worked it was the only thing that worked

Removing the sd card didn't work for me, mate.

Taking the SD card and Sim out, leaving it out for about 1 minute and then putting it all back together did the trick for me! I held the power button down to fully discharge any residual power too. Glad I don't have to take my phone back!

No SD card fitted to my A5! Some of these answers are total bollox. What IS the official Samsung fix?

Install BOD3 version of Lollipop and problem with camera, overheating phone and short batery life disapear...

Is it the original camera or has it has been replaced at some point ?

For example in the Galaxy S4 range the 13 megapixel camera of the Gt-19505 looks for all intents and purposes exactly the same as the S4 19500 camera however put an S4 19500 camera in an S4 19505 ( and it does fit and looks exactly the same )

but it will throw out an error code in other words the camera is wrong and not compatible perhaps there is a clue here to help solve your problem I appreciate your issue is with a Galaxy S5 but I believe there are

variants

I had this problem on a phone i fixed and to fix the problem i just replaced the camera module and it now works fine

OK I have the perfect fix. I have battled with this common fault (come on Samsung get your act together). Factory reset, new cameras nothing worked. Was told it was a common fault by Samsung only fix replace the phone.

Well by chance I made a call to my wife and pressed the "video call button". Camera worked instantly and so did the full camera function. It has failed again and I just repeat the video call fix.

I believe the fault is software related and should fixed by Samsung who dont seem too interested.

Hope this helps!

Ok... take the battery out 4 about 30 seconds. It worked for me. Do this every month or so to have a healthy phone.

Not an option on the A5! Factory sealed internal battery!

I went into settings, applications, then camera. Cleared cache and restarted phone. Did the trick!

Have you checked your internal phone storage? Or why don't you get a camera+ app from the play store and see if that works.

I turned my phone off and turned it back on and it worked

I rarely have this problem but just restart it(power off and on) and then re open camera and it should work it always works with me.

I just closed all my apps and then powered off my phonr and powered it back on and it went away. Hope this helps :)

Try a new SD card. Worked on my S5.

Worked a treat! Just unmount sd, power off remove sd, wait a few seconds insert sd and battery, power up!

How can it work a treat? My 2016 Octacore model A5 has no SD card fitted! Warning pops up, anytime, but always when I dont want it too, ie; when I need to take a shot!!!

Justin Uchimura will be eternally grateful.