0

Kevin
1

Dryer won't start. No error codes. Replaced thermal fuse, door switch.

My dryer won't start. The red lights work and light inside work, so it has power. I replaced the thermal fuse and door switch. No luck. The panel lights work normally. After I select the dryer setting and start it, it beeps, but doesn't start. I don't here any noises after the beep, nor do I see the drum move. I do hear a click coming from the area of the PC board as it beeps. Also, the fan spins freely, so there doesn't appear to be anything obstructing it. The drum turns by hand. The belt is attached and in good working order. I checked the PC board. No obvious signs of being burnt. I suspect the motor is bad, but don't want to replace it if that isn't the problem. Is there way to further diagnose the dryer or the motor specifically? Thank you.

i have the same problem; i ran an extension cord to another outlet and still the same problem. any other advise? Kevin - did you ever fix the dryer? was it the motor?

Phil van Haaster,

I have the same problem but only 3 of my panel lights work. Sometimes if I hold the start button long enough I can get it to start, but not any more. Outlet works, light comes on inside and beeps when I try to start it on those 3 settings but nothing happens. Is it the control panel?!

Tpitzer,

1

mayer
MacHale Enterprises

Use a multimeter to test the wall plug. You should have 2 polls giving 110-120 volts each and a ground. It sounds like you may only have one side hot and the other not.

0

Phil van Haaster
1

i checked the awl plug as well as ran an extension cord to another outlet and both are giving 10-120 volts.

0

Jack Stretch
1

Check the rear groin panel for spider, chigger, common in groin. Is good then deal. Is OK. Yes?

Edited by: Jack Stretch ( )