The Kenmore Elite HE3 is 7.2 cu. ft. capacity electric dryer by Kenmore.

Dryer won't start. No error codes. Replaced thermal fuse, door switch.

My dryer won't start. The red lights work and light inside work, so it has power. I replaced the thermal fuse and door switch. No luck. The panel lights work normally. After I select the dryer setting and start it, it beeps, but doesn't start. I don't here any noises after the beep, nor do I see the drum move. I do hear a click coming from the area of the PC board as it beeps. Also, the fan spins freely, so there doesn't appear to be anything obstructing it. The drum turns by hand. The belt is attached and in good working order. I checked the PC board. No obvious signs of being burnt. I suspect the motor is bad, but don't want to replace it if that isn't the problem. Is there way to further diagnose the dryer or the motor specifically? Thank you.

i have the same problem; i ran an extension cord to another outlet and still the same problem. any other advise? Kevin - did you ever fix the dryer? was it the motor?

I have the same problem but only 3 of my panel lights work. Sometimes if I hold the start button long enough I can get it to start, but not any more. Outlet works, light comes on inside and beeps when I try to start it on those 3 settings but nothing happens. Is it the control panel?!

I had this exact issue, control panel worked fine, I would push start button, motor would not start to spin drum, and all I heard was a relay switch click twice around the control panel. FIX FOR ME: I had the LG repair technician stop by, he removed the front panel assembly (just remove front screws (door must be open to access them), then he removed the drum belt and drum to access the main motor that spins the drum (located on lower left when facing the front of dryer), and noticed one of the wires that powers the motor had fallen off. Once we put a new connector on the wire and re-attached it, the problem was solved. Hope this helps everyone. -DD

My daughter bought a brand new DV45H7000EW/A2 Samsung Dryer at Sears scratch and dent store. There was no manual and she was foolishly impatient, so she attached the pigtail to the back and guessed at which wire went where. BAD IDEA! She connected them wrong, pushed the button to turn it on and the dryer made a noise for a sec, and then went dead. Absolutely nothing lights up and no indication it has power at all.

I did check the breaker switches and found them blown, so I reset them with no luck!

So then, I guessed that the control board had gotten burnt out and replaced it with an identical part I bought on eBay for $25. No change at all and I don't know whether the old board is good or bad.

So now I'm thinking I need to replace the thermal fuse - DC47-00016A. Just ordered the part and it should arrive in 4 days on February 13, 2018.

Wish me luck!

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Most Helpful Answer

Use a multimeter to test the wall plug. You should have 2 polls giving 110-120 volts each and a ground. It sounds like you may only have one side hot and the other not.

UPDATE 1/15/16

\Cause 1

Thermal Fuse

The thermal fuse is a safety device designed to protect the dryer from overheating. The fuse is located on the blower housing or at the dryer’s heat source such as the heating element on electric dryers or at the burner on gas models. The fuse should be closed for continuity meaning it has a continuous electrical path through it when good. If overheated the fuse will have no continuity meaning the electrical path is broken and the fuse has blown out. A multimeter can be used to test it for continuity. Be aware that a blown thermal fuse is an indication of a restricted exhaust vent from the dryer to the outside. Always check the dryer venting when replacing a blown thermal fuse.

Cause 2

Start Switch

To determine if the start switch is defective, attempt to start the dryer. If the dryer hums but does not start, the start switch is not at fault. If the dryer does not respond or make any noise, the start switch could be at fault. Use a multimeter to test the start switch for continuity. If the switch does not have continuity, replace it.

Cause 3

Door Switch

The door switch activates when the dryer door is closed. On most dryers, the door switch makes an audible clicking sound when it activates. To determine if the door switch is working, try starting your dryer and then listen for the “click.” If the door switch makes a clicking sound, it is probably not defective. If you don’t hear a click, use a multimeter to use the door switch for continuity. If the switch does not have continuity, replace it.

I replaced the thermal fuse on my dryer, it started briefly but now it doesn't. I used my multimeter to test the fuse but it did not have power neither did the fuse next to it on the blower. I tested another power source fuse and it registered power. What do I need to do here to find the lost power source?

Look for a break in the heating coils that may be shorting out and blowing the fuses.

Check on the inside surface of the front lower panel, and hopefully you will find a diagnostic/tech sheet that will allow troubleshooting of the control board (front panel board).

If a microswitch had gone bad, the computer will not allow any startup at all (appears dead at panel).

The diagnostic is easy with a regular ohmmeter. but you do need to completely remove the board.

If board is bad, replace ($300+), or if its just a microswitch.. remove and resolder a new one ( $0.50).

Good luck !

(btw, I posted why I think this is a design fault of the he3/4 line , and a workaround ,in one of my other posts)

i checked the awl plug as well as ran an extension cord to another outlet and both are giving 10-120 volts.

When I tested the thermal switch with my meter, it beeped. Does that mean that it is working? I have az Supco meter Dm10T which setting do I put it on?

Yes that means you have a working switch

Check the rear groin panel for spider, chigger, common in groin. Is good then deal. Is OK. Yes?

Score -1

I chafed the thermal fuse on the dryer

But it still is not working what else could it be?? The door switch is good to

I changed the thermal fuse on my lg dyer but it is still not working! When I hit the start button it makes a clicking sound but does not start

Oliver did you ever get a fix for this? My lg is doing the exact same thing

Kevin will be eternally grateful.