The HTC EVO is a Smartphone by HTC powered by a 1-GHz Snapdragon processor and runs the Android operating system.

My phone overheated and won't turn on, what do I do?

I left my phone outside in my car by accedent, now it overheated and won't turn on, what do I do?

Sage Jurado, how do you know it overheated?

cuz it was hot

my phone have same problem but it was next to me while i was sleeping in the morning i couldn't even hold it in my hand and it show a red ! in the top of left side when i put it on charger and it is not able 2 start i tried to pres volume up power and home key it start i reboot my system nothing happened i wipe the data and nothing happened 2 any idea plz send me mail bashar.19002@hotmail.com

I had the issue when I got up in the morning. I panicked but left it for a few hours, like 2 hours, and then tried turning it on. It said it needed charging so I put it on charge and waited. it turned back on and all seems fine.

honestly it felt like it was going to explode or set on fire.

Will my phone explode if it stays hot and wont turn off ?

Most Helpful Answer

Sage Jurado, remove your battery and check on it. See if it shows any deformity. It is very unlikely that you damaged the logic board, most likely it is the battery that failed. I'd suggest that you replace the battery and re-evaluate from there. Hope this helps, good luck.

what if its an iremoveable bettery

Try letting it cool down. Then try turning it on in several hours.

This answer was originally to another question.

Remove the battery and check to see if it is deformed this can cause it to fail. if it is the battery replace and then evaluate from there.

Cant access battery to remove it ...phone is Nokia Lumia 1320

Will it explode ? Please let me know ...im scared

when I turned it on its shows a notification.. that you phone is over heating now and its doesn't works properly

samsung glaxy j7 device

please help me

This happened to me this afternoon, my phone is in my bag and then my friend called, when i hold the phone it is hot then suddenly turned off/black background then i press the lock button for a long time but nothing happened, i hard reset it then it turned on. I read an article about the phone will turned off when overheated to avoid accidents.

That good to know.i was trying to find a answer to my son phone and found one to mine.mine goes black I have to restart it.never new it was probably keeping it from getting too hot.but my son has the Kyocera .and I can't turn it on . battery doesn't come out.and when I try to charge it the top of it gets hot,? Didn't it burn up? And have to buy another phone? Less than 6 months old

I got a phone like the one I have in Winston Salem, when I try to charge​ it,it GOT HOT.Verizon replaced the first one-no charge, Sent it back to Ft.Worth,,Texas and I received a new phone and it's doing the same thing.A message popped up on my phone telling me that they gave me the WRONG CHARGER FOR THIS PHONE,Now it's doing the same thing-GETTING TOO HOT when it's being charged.

I have also a problem with my asus zenfone, No power when i tried to power on, Cannot Charge; being overheat immediately in a charging part of the phone. I used to unplug the Battery and the result is still overheating immediately when being charged.

Please Help me,

Kindly send me an email @ romeodelrosario0011@gmail.com

Thank you very much...

I do have a same problem with my asus. :(

Tengo el mismo problema amigo, si llega a encontrar una solución por favor escríbame a mi correo electrónico djhamiltonm@gmail.com

Muchas gracias

I put it in my backpack for 5 minutes and when i went to take it out it was super hot and wouldn't turn on . What do I do??

Please be advised that myself, nor this web page can be held responsible for damage to any device, should an attempt at repairing one's own device fail. Always make sure to consider hiring a professional repair shop to fix your device for you.

Diagnostic steps for not charging:

1) Check for a blocked port (Lint build up can keep a cord from fitting in properly. if the frame of the plug is not flush with the device, using small tweezers, and being careful not to damage pins, pry out any dust or lint.

1) Try a Known Functional Cord. (Works on another device)

2) Excite the battery: Hit the + and - of the battery with an external power supply for approximately 10 minutes. (Be sure to verify you are using the amperage and voltage that the battery can handle. (Located on the battery with the specs.)

If the device boots, then the battery is functional, and you can continue forward with your diagnostics.

3) Scan board, and Flex circuits for physical damage. Looking for signs of blown or chipped components. Scorch marks, or corners of components broken off. Replace as needed, and test again. A 10X+ microscope assists very well in this stage

4) at this point, plug in the device again, and check if it charges. if it isn't, then go forward with replacing the charge port itself.

5) if replacing the charge port does not fix the issue, then you are experiencing an IC or board failure, in which case, it will just be better to replace the device.

---I hope this guide has helped you in your diagnosis.

2) Excite the battery: Hit the + and - of the battery with an external power supply for approximately 10 minutes. (Be sure to verify you are using the amperage and voltage that the battery can handle. (Located on the battery with the specs.) This isnt a very good idea. and most people do not have the proper tools to do this. I wouldn't suggest it.

Phone is dimmer than before * # Hit <enter> to insert another list item, and <enter> twice in a row to end the list. To get subitems, repeat the bullet character once for each level of indent you want (e.g. **)

Sage Jurado will be eternally grateful.