GSM iPad 2 with 16, 32, or 64 GB of storage, and a Dual Core A5 Processor. Model Number A1396. Repair is complicated and requires heat and prying.

My iPad's screen has wierd colors.

Okay so my iPad was dropped on the floor, the screen went black but when I press the lock button it showed a little light, I found a solution My Ipad screen not working please help me?, I smacked the iPad and the screen turned on again, but the screen has wierd colours like orange - red - green - blue greeny and I tried to search here for solutions but I didn't find any. So can I fix it with smacking again or do I have to go and change the LCD or what? And thanks.

Most Helpful Answer

I'm definitely no Ipad pro, but if you are comfortable with DIY solutions I would suggest simply opening the Ipad 2 (remove the digitizer) and ensure that the LCD coord is seated correctly. What happened when you dropped it in the first place was the cable got slightly unseated, and when you smack it (sometimes) it gets back into place.

I have customers who come in once a week saying they need a new LCD, 6times out of 10 I simply unconnect and reconnect the cable and it works as it should.

If reseating the coord does not fix the problem, then you will indeed need to purchase a new LCD for your Ipad.

Before you go tearing it apart , try some more smacks. Be sure to go around all the four corners. If this doesn't work after a few tries, then go with Alexanders advice. Make sure the iPad is powered off before disconnecting/reconnecting the LCD cable as you could blow the backlight filter if it is still powered on.

Smack the back

Lovely! It worked like a swiss clock.

Another thing to verify...make sure you didn't activate the "Invert Colors" option. This will effect all the colors. It is possible the home button is programmed to activate it by pressing 3 times quickly.

To verify:

1. Go to "Settings"

2. Scroll to "General"

3. Make sure the "Invert Colors" slider is to the left for normal operation.

So I dropped my iPad and had the red screen. Tried smacking it and didn't help. Went to check invert colors and it was off but I slid it over to see what it would look like. Decided I didn't like it and switched it back. Went to home screen and all was fixed

Xobic will be eternally grateful.