Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

iPhone only working when plugged into charger. whats wrong with it?

my iPhone 4 is acting weird. Ive had it for about a year and a half and lately if i would drop it (less than 1 foot) or even set it down ge it would shut off and not turn on. i would smack it and tried to turn it on and it worked. the other day i dropped it and the whole screen cracked:( the screen can be fixed easily but what i don't understand is that my iPhone will only turn on when it is plugged into my charger. if i take it out it instantly turns off. any idea?

also, The battery percentage does not increase while plugged into the charger

Most Helpful Answer

It sounds like the battery connector is either disconnected, loose, or damaged. The first thing I would recommend is using this guide to get to the phone's battery and inspecting it/reseating the connection. If that doesn't work, a replacement battery may be needed. As for the shattered glass, that wouldn't be the cause of the battery issues, however, the force of impact may have messed up other connections within the phone.

Chris Green is right, but to add...

Your iPhone can power on without input from the battery by connecting it to the charger.

Your battery connector socket may need to be resoldered onto the logic board.

I dont know what to do help

Slob Got Into My Phone & I Put It In Rice So It Culd Dry Out But I Tried Turning It On It Wont Work I Put It On The Charger & It Turns On But When I Take It Off The Charger It Turns Off What Should I Do ?

My phone was acting weird 2days ago and then I went to my aunts house and dropped it in the toilet I put it in rice and it started working again and the only time my phone will stay on is if I'm on FaceTime or its connected to the charger other than that it just shut shuts of and won't let me turn it off what should I do

colin will be eternally grateful.