Model No. A1367 / 8, 16, 32, or 64 GB capacity

Photos disappeared when battery replaced. Can they be retrieved?

Had the battery replaced and now all the photos I have taken prior to this no longer show up on camera roll or under photos icon. Are they still there and can they be retrieved?

I followed the advice re recovering lost photos from an iPhone after screen replacement and used ifunbox and managed to retrieve some but not all of the missing photos. What can I do about the other ones that are still missing?

Had another go with iFunBox and managed to retrieve them all. Very relieved and happy now!! Thanks for this site.

Most Helpful Answer

Hi, the first thing I will suggest you to do is not going to search method on Google to restore your photos, but stop using your iPod Touch to take any new photos, video, audio, also don't put any new photos, video, audio into your iPod Touch first.

You need to keep the suggestion above 'cause you still have a chance to retrieve your lost photos. But if you do the things above (means you put the new files into your iPod Touch), you may lose your chance to recover your photos. Actually it's not so complicate, I will explain it for you.

When you delete a file (no matter this file was deleted from iPod Touch, storage device like USB drive or other device, computer hard disk), this file is not really "gone" forever. The operating system only frees up the space which is taken by this "deleted file" so that the space can be used by the new file. Let me tell you like this: You delete "A file", the space of A file now is available for any other files. If this time you put a "B file" into the device which the "A file" was stored there before. The "B file" will take the space of "A file". Then you will lose the chance to recover your files. This situation is called data overwritten.

So you need to follow my suggestion to stop using your iPhone and start to find method or app to help in recovering your photos.

You can visit this post to learn more details about iPhone data loss and data recovery. Hope my answer can help you a lot: http://www.uflysoft.net/iphone-ipad-reco...

In this case, I suggest you to try some other data recovery software such as Dr. Fone iOS Data Recovery. Tutorial may be helpful: How to Recover Lost Data from iPod

if you change the galaxy s3 battery , would it delete pictures

I think those lost photos are still existing inside your iPod, check out your storage space in iPod first. I would like to recommend you to try some recovery tool to help you out, like FORecovery. Additionally, please stop using your iPod lest the data be overwritten. Instructions can be found here: How to retrieve lost data on iPod touch. Hope this will do a favor for you.

Using a photo recovery software is the most effective way in my view. Of course, there are free programs for recovering deleted photos, but they all have limitations. Most free photo recovery software is limited in function or bundles some other annoying software/advertisement, even does not work at all without a continuous update for years. I advise you to try the free version of the Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery software: https://www.stellarinfo.com/digital-medi...

It gives free preview of photos before recovering so you can be sure you have the photos that you want to recover. It is one of the most powerful and user-friendly Photo Recovery software.

Debs will be eternally grateful.