Keurig K75 Platinum Brewing System

The Keurig K75 Platinum Brewing System is a premium single cup home coffee brewing system by Keurig.

Not pouring, also not clogged...

I have a Keurig that I was given for free, if I can fix it. It's serial number start with a 76 but looks just like a K75.

It pulls water in from the water storage, heats it up but does not pour it through to dispense it. I have checked the top pin that punctures the cup and it is not clogged. I have used a turkey baster and been able to suction out hot water through that top pin so I know that tube is not clogged.

So based on that I'm thinking that it's some motor after the boiler that is not working. It's not making any unusual noises.

I'm comfortable replacing a part, as long as I know what part needs replacing. Don't want to spend $50 if it only takes a $15 part. :)

Any ideas? Thanks!

Hi Rich, been looking around and it appears like the keurig only has one pump. but it does have plenty of tubes that could be kinked or blocked. I would open her up and do a good visual inspection, and test any possible leads.

I have also looked around the web and notice not many promising solutions, I would assume you have tried cleaning with vinegar. And actually if the previous owner was running hard water through it then that quite possibly mineral buildup could be the issue.

Good luck!

Thanks for the help. I'll open her up and take a look. Since there is only one pump and it is pulling water in then it should be able to pump it out. Weird. I'm pretty sure the previous owner was using tap water. :/

by Rich

Most Helpful Answer

Lift the handle to tilt the top back as you would to normally load the K-cup.

Remove the two screw underneath the cover and pop the tilting top off (two screws underneath release the top cover)

There is an in-line backflow valve just underneath this cover. You should see that it is clogged with residual coffee grounds. Remove it by removing the tie wraps and then pull off the hoses from both ends. Watch for the correct orientation when you remove it. You don't want to put back in backwards!

Run water back and forth through this valve and clean out the old coffee.

Re-install the valve (correct orientation) and to be completely sure of no leaks you may want to re-install some small tie-wraps on the hoses. I have not done this and mine hasn't leaked yet.

Enjoy coffee!

Finally! That's the tip that did it for me, after trying everything else. That little backflow valve was full of coffee grounds. Back in business, thanks!

by paulchristy

Great tip. Really did not "see" any coffee grounds, but it took a couple of good blows to clear the valve. Now things are all back to normal.

by Jim Hosford

I didn't see any grounds in my filter either but working the valve back and forth did seem to fix my issue as well!!! Perhaps they are prone to getting sticky? When mine was screwing up, I'd get grounds all over the top of the K-cup and that seems to be gone! Descaling also seemed to help but only for about four cups and it was back to it's weak self. Thanks for the great and inexpensive tip! I videoed my 'repair' work and will post to YouTube.

by Chris Long

Rich will be eternally grateful.