The first model of iPhone, Model A1203 with 4, 8, or 16 GB capacity and an aluminum back. Repair requires a significant amount of prying, and may require some soldering.

Bottem of screen is not working?

My 1st gen iPhone has a problem,with the bottom part of phone,where the bottom four apps are.everything else works

sounds like the iPhone i've got a few days ago. the touchscreen is unresponsive on the button row - but in my case it does not matter to much, the "slide to unlock" still works when i use the top of the "slide button". i've read a few hints about a possible digitizer repair, but had no time to try it myself.

in my case - the phone was totally dead and had a fluid damage - fixed it, painted a few burnt connector contacs and the phone works - except for the bottom og the touchscreen - maybe i'll try to disassemble the front assembly tomorrow

hi markus,

I have the same problem with my 3g (no s). Have you found a way to get your phone working? Where have you read the hints about the digitizer repair?

Greetings,

j

didn't had the time yet- maybe i will start later (it's 5:33am)

Greg Smith will be eternally grateful.