0

mrichards11
1

Reconnect keyboard to mainboard

I followed your tear down instructions, but I cannot figure out how to reconnect the keyboard ribbon to the mainboard. Is there a way to see an exact picture how it is supposed to be? or maybe a video?

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , machead3 ( ) , mrichards11 ( )

1

machead3

I believe that this is what you're looking for .

iFixit says: "The MacBook Pro 15" Retina Display Early 2013 packs the battery, keyboard, trackpad, and upper case into one assembly. If any of these components fail, the entire assembly must be replaced. Use this guide to replace your upper case assembly."

That's why I consider keyboard only replacement on these, and other machines, masochistic (and describe it as such to those who ask about "keyboard only" replacement).

If this answer is acceptable please remember to return and mark it.

I guess it isn't the keyboard connector it is the one in image 27 upper left corner with some red coloring to it. What is that connector and how do you reconnect it?

mrichards11,

Looks to me like it might be for the batteries. Why don't you use the link at the bottom of the page and contact iFixit direct with your Question (this is a volunteer help form - I do not work for iFixit).

machead3,

Wish I could click a "like" button Machead3!!! Masochistic indeed. I am one of those nuts. And I often find myself wanting to scream my head off to the tech gods above (or just at Apple) for those machined in rivets on the keyboard. I don't have much problem getting the batteries out with patience, but it's those !@#$ rivets that give me such a headache. LOL. Thanks for the comment. Made my afternoon.

jcarter,

I figured out my issue, the ribbon was stuck to the protector tape... Thanks

mrichards11,

Here's to the simple solutions... Cheers

jcarter,