0

PerKristianNygard
31

Can I re-use things from broken display?

I have just bought myself a ifixit pro tool kit and bought a display from ebay to fix my iphone. When i bought the display, the price difference on displays with home button and etc. was not that big in compare to the one where you have to move these from your broken display to the new display.

My question is therefore; Am I able to remove the small parts from my broken display and use these if something on my phone where to be broken?

Example: My home button gets broken, and instead of buying a new one, ill take the one from the old broken display and use this.

Hopefully youll understand my question! :)

-Per Kristian

Edited by: PerKristianNygard ( )

1

PerKristianNygard, yes you can, but for the ease of things and like you said, "the price difference on displays with home button and etc. was not that big in compare to the one where you have to move these" I'd go with the complete assembly. Easier to replace, less chances of breaking things:-).