Apex Digital DTV Converter Box

A digital TV converter box by Apex Digital.

How can I fix my converter box?

I get two APEX DT250A TV Signal Converter boxes they went off and no way to get them back on

Converter box for what? Digital tv signals? Need more specific information to be able to help you. Provide a model for the converter box please.

by Kelly Louwers

it,s a APEX DT250A tv signal converter box

by eddy

Do you mean you get no power or no signal? Any lights? Have you tried a different power outlet? Did they both go bad at the same time?

by mayer

the red light is on. it suppose to turn green when it's on.this don't happen whatever i do. they broke down 2 weeks apart

by eddy

Thanks guys i will check these web pages

by eddy

Most Helpful Answer

Here's where to download the manual for your box: http://tv.manualsonline.com/manuals/mfg/...

It seems you're not alone with this failing product. Here's a forum on it: http://www.digitaltvconverterbox.com/APE...

I cannot find anything on repairing it. But I've found a lot of reviews.

http://reviews.bestbuy.com/3545/8888527/...

I don't think I've seen worse reviews since the Edsel came out

Research +

by rj713

Ok, I got three emails on the Edsel comment, so here from the Wiki: The Edsel was a brand of car manufactured by the Ford Motor Company during the 1958, 1959, and 1960 model years. The Edsel never gained popularity with contemporary American car buyers and sold poorly. Consequently, the Ford Motor Company lost millions of dollars on the Edsel's development, manufacture and marketing. The name "Edsel" has since become synonymous with failure.

by mayer

my box dosnt change channel

i cant not change channel what can i do for

THE FIX

you guys....it's the REMOTE that' the problem; not the box; it's actually pretty good quality build....BUT: the remote??? CRAP.

PROBLEM: the battery terminals get corroded quickly with that 1st crappy batteries we get when NEW (remember? no name crappy one?) and it merely won't send IR emissions `cause it ain't running anymore `cause the battery is not making contact inside battery bay. The $@$*!& REMOTE APEX USES...

TO PROVE: Use fingernail to split open remote halves. Clean; rinse; repeat. Re-assemble. Reinstall good new batteries and test. SEE?

BETTER SOLUTION: Get a good quality UNIVERSAL REMOTE and program it for "APEX" TV or VCR or TUNER (if they have)

It's same as others. Get better user interface IE: a BETTER REMOTE

I have a red light signal that will not turn green.

eddy will be eternally grateful.