A digital TV converter box by Apex Digital.

How can I fix my converter box?

I get two APEX DT250A TV Signal Converter boxes they went off and no way to get them back on

Converter box for what? Digital tv signals? Need more specific information to be able to help you. Provide a model for the converter box please.

it,s a APEX DT250A tv signal converter box

Do you mean you get no power or no signal? Any lights? Have you tried a different power outlet? Did they both go bad at the same time?

the red light is on. it suppose to turn green when it's on.this don't happen whatever i do. they broke down 2 weeks apart

Thanks guys i will check these web pages

Most Helpful Answer

Here's where to download the manual for your box: http://tv.manualsonline.com/manuals/mfg/...

It seems you're not alone with this failing product. Here's a forum on it: http://www.digitaltvconverterbox.com/APE...

I cannot find anything on repairing it. But I've found a lot of reviews.

http://reviews.bestbuy.com/3545/8888527/...

I don't think I've seen worse reviews since the Edsel came out

Research +

Ok, I got three emails on the Edsel comment, so here from the Wiki: The Edsel was a brand of car manufactured by the Ford Motor Company during the 1958, 1959, and 1960 model years. The Edsel never gained popularity with contemporary American car buyers and sold poorly. Consequently, the Ford Motor Company lost millions of dollars on the Edsel's development, manufacture and marketing. The name "Edsel" has since become synonymous with failure.

I have a red light signal that will not turn green.

turn unit on, it immediately goes off. Where can I get a schematic?

Is there a Sam's photofact available?

my box dosnt change channel

i cant not change channel what can i do for

THE FIX

you guys....it's the REMOTE that' the problem; not the box; it's actually pretty good quality build....BUT: the remote??? CRAP.

PROBLEM: the battery terminals get corroded quickly with that 1st crappy batteries we get when NEW (remember? no name crappy one?) and it merely won't send IR emissions `cause it ain't running anymore `cause the battery is not making contact inside battery bay. The $@$*!& REMOTE APEX USES...

TO PROVE: Use fingernail to split open remote halves. Clean; rinse; repeat. Re-assemble. Reinstall good new batteries and test. SEE?

BETTER SOLUTION: Get a good quality UNIVERSAL REMOTE and program it for "APEX" TV or VCR or TUNER (if they have)

It's same as others. Get better user interface IE: a BETTER REMOTE

How do I program my box

My iview converter box went out how can I fix it

Should a regular converter box light be red or green to indicate that it is on? ???

I put new batteries in the remote and the power button won't turn green...what do I do?

I turned on my converter box and it stayed lit for a minute then went out again it keeps doing that what can do?

I bought my box @ Goodwill, no remote or anything - was wondering if it needs an RF converter?

Otherwise I have a universal remote & xtra cables.

Will post my results after I try a few things

I have tv box it stop allowing me to get all my Arabic Chanels

It needs to be tuned

Does remote work? If you own a digital camera, use it in "video mode" to film the output of your remote control....point APEXRemote with new batteries at the video and press any buttons on remote....you should see a "lighted flash" pattern corresponding to the output or button pressed. Most new digital cameras are "IR sensitive" and detect any IR light pulsed out of most remote controls' IR LED. All use an "IR LED" which outputs infrared rather than visible light.

I use the camera on my tablet to "see" if a remote still works.

Another time, a satellite receiver I had with no replacement remote available was made to work when I re-powered the remote itself (I thought it was bad....) from an alternate source. BATTERIES alone weren't strong enough to run remote.....I used a 5v USB power adapter to run with a thin cable into battery compartment. Worked great!!! Remote needed more power, I guess.....

Suspect the remote if the power supply on APEX box is still working 100%. Otherwise, that is next thing to suspect.

eddy will be eternally grateful.