0

Mark Hancock
1

Nearly always get black toast from so-called toaster

I have an electronic Russell Hobbs toaster. On the coolest setting it usually the toast usually ends up blackened. Have in the past dismantled it, tried to find temperature sensor, could not, cleaned it. First time miraculous, 2nd and 3 rd times ineffective. Determined to save this wilful annoying plastic and metal disaster from landfill. It has all the wherewithal to succeed. My family are not supportive by the way. Any advice? Not about my family.

Mark Hancock, any chance you can give us the model number of your toaster?

0

Jonny
215

A good new toaster from Wal mart is 20 bucks...if toast is important to you, then it's worth it.

True, but where's the challenge it that? It goes against everything this sites philosophy stands for. Things should be repairable not disposable. Please read this to help understand what is happening here: http://ifixit.org

mayer,

Yes, understandeable. Everything is fixable. Challenges are available in this "project toaster", but you wont find me buying parts for one. GL anywho...

Jonny,