Second generation of the Ford Focus.

Why does my car Vibrate when I accelerate?

when I put the car in drive and accelerate it starts to vibrate badly. after I pick up speed it seems to get better

I have the same issue with my focus except mine also vibrates under de-acceleration. It's not the fuel injectors of ur sparkplugs. The issue lies in the ballence of ur wheels to the car. IE: you just bought 4 new tires and rims, had the tired ballenced to the new rims, but the new rims and tires need to be aligned to ur car. A possible solution would be to have ur car realigned.

it's the engine mounts, there are weak and worn.

Most Helpful Answer

Check your fuel injectors, have them cleaned, that should help, also check the spark plugs are in good shape...

Fernando R. (2007 Focus owner)

No. It's your motor mount. Focus motor mounts going bad is common. I thought my daughter's exhaust was just loud in her car....I then realized it was the motor mount, replaced it, and it took care of the problem. If you are a do-it-yourselfer, this was not a big deal when I did her 2006 Focus ZX3. The main thing to be aware of is type of motor mount you buy at the parts store. I bought the "insert" and reused the metal housing...which worked fine but is a bit of work to put the insert in and bend the metal tab. The insert costs about $50. If you buy the entire motor mount, which would be easier to replace (pull the old one out, put the new one in) the entire unit costs about $110 I think. YouTube has videos.

It could be your bearings.

reneerazo will be eternally grateful.