Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

Front Camera Not Working Properly - Very Blury

The phone has never been taken apart. Whenever you switch to the front camera it is a blury black mess. Will putting in a new front camera fix this problem?

Yes a new camera will sort this.. Dust can get throught the speaker mesh

Yes most likely it will fix the problem. But prior to purchasing a new camera and installing, try this. Take apart your iphone and remove the front lcd to reveal the front camera. Then use a qtip with 99% pure alcohol (just barely damp with alcohol) and rotate on the lens to clean. Then take the dry end and do the same. I have attached an image for your viewing.

Can't I access the front camera without taking off the LCD and just take the camera out, clean it and put it back in? The front camera replacement guide does not have me taking off the LCD.

Also, how the heck do I attach a picture?

Joe Long will be eternally grateful.