0

Leo
25

Is there a way to test the motherboard is working?

I've got a faulty iPhone 3G which doesn't turn on or anything, has cracked up screen. Before buying a new LCD I want to be sure the motherboard isn't broken, is there a way to know? The only thing I've had is a noise from the iphone when connecting it to a PC.

I've also powered it from a 4.1v LiPo cell because the battery inside wasn't working, hoping that's ok? (a bit confusing as there are 4 contacts)

Thank you very much

0

Sophia

If you know someone who have a iPhone 3G or some repair shops would like do a favor, there is a easy way to check. Exchange your display and rear case assembly respectively with another working well iPhone 3G, and can make sure which part of the phone have problem.

Good luck to you!

0

Leo,for a brief connection use the outermost contacts. "a noise from the iPhone when connecting it to a PC." is a good thing. At least your computer recognized it. I would see if iTunes recognizes it. Yes, it may just need a new LCD but there is a lot of other things that could be wrong with it. It's a bit of a crapshoot. Hope this helps, good luck.

Thank you. Outer most contacts ok, hope I didn't break it by connecting it to the inner contact briefly... I've bought another spares iphone to swap it's LCD check if that works. Also it did connect to itunes only there was a passcode, is there a way to get by the passcode? (emailed the seller and he doesn't know it either) Thanks again

Leo,