Repair guides and support for cars and trucks by Dodge.

2009 Dodge Grand Caravan car lock doors not working?

the fob just stopped working when I pressed the button to unlock or lock doors. I put in a new battery & nothing. Any idea?

have a 2012 dodge grand caravn and the flob will not unlock or lock the van i got the van about 16 months ago and trying to find out what is going on . i got one flob when i broght the van my email frankcrawford206@yahoo.com

I have the same problem I went to home depot and couldn't unlock my car from both my Keyfob but when I use the spare key to unlock it manually and try starting the van it starts and remote works again, then it will work for 2 months before it happens all over again!

arch, have you tried to reprogram your Key FOB? Use these instructions and see if you get it to work. http://blog.keylessentryremotefob.com/20... I know it says 2008 but should also work on 2009. Anything after that requires dealer software.

Most Helpful Answer

I have an '08 town & country. 6 months ago, both fobs quit opening doors, but would start engine. Tried to have 2 different locksmiths reprogram both the original and then a new fob. No good. Finally had the dealer fix it. They couldn't. Replaced whole module. 4 months later, same thing, but this new module won't allow the engine to start either. Now, having it towed to dealer for another go.

Try the fuses. If memory serves me correctly, that particular fuse box is located under the dash near the drivers left foot. The fuse box under the hood is for larger items, so the fuse for the door lock isn't under the hood.

I don't think you'll find the label for the door looks however, as I suspect that door lock circuit is part of another labeled circuit. So you're going to have to either see what else isn't working, and you'll have to check all the fuses.

I'm giving this advise based on your description of the problem, in that you've said that none of the doors open or close. If it was isolated to a particular door, then I would say that a connector has broken, or that the solenoid has given up the ghost. That's why I've mentioned the fuses, and again, I don't think you'll find a descriptor on the fuse box cover that indicates just the door looks. If you do find one that says just door lock, then great, but be prepared to check them all.

Good luck and let me know how it works out.

Isoldano,

Thank you for your input but the locks work fine, the fob (remote) stopped opening & closing the doors, nothing on the remote works. How can I test whether it's the remote or something in the car?

OldTurkey has some good advice. I'd try the reprogram option.

What can you tell me about child safety door locks on 2007 Dge Caravan sliders? Both post buttons quit working a month ago. Both open fine from overhead console or key fob but niether work from post buttons. Jerry

see above comment about child door locks jerry

Now they're warranteeing the warranted part. This blows! Try getting it done same-day wham you're 200 miles from home. MOPAR sucks ass!!!

Never again~

I have a 2014 Dodge Caravan replaced my kay fob battie and still not working

arch will be eternally grateful.