iPhone 5c

The Apple iPhone 5c was announced on September 10, 2013. Repair of this device is similar to the previous models, and requires screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 8, 16, 32 GB / White, Pink, Yellow, Blue, and Green.

Lcd not working properly after screen assembly replacement?

Have fixed plenty of these. Now Im having a terrible time with this one. Have now gone through 2 brand new oem screen assemblies. First one didnt display at all, thought it was defective. Bought another and now it comes on, but there is lines running through the screen. Help? Is the phone busted or am i doing something wrong?

Any update mate? Can you send pics of the screen and we would be fit to tell you if it's a connection problem or if it's a faulty screen

by con

Most Helpful Answer

Well depending on the type of "lines" ruining down the screen it could be something as simple as the LCD flex cable not being attached properly. Usually you get a almost plaid style or checkerboard like line pattern when this happens. So just unplug it and reseat it and see if it gets better. Otherwise it sounds like a damaged LCD. If you could provide a picture it may help. Also just to be safe check the pins on the LCD connector that is on the board make sure none look bent or missing. If you still have the first screen that didn't turn on. You can try plugging it back in and then doing a soft reset by pressing the power and home button for 10 seconds to see if it kicks it on.

Thanks, I will check and see if that helps

by Austin Harris

I have had the same plaid/checker board. even split between partial connection and damaged connectors on the mother board. Picked at one connector on a phone with my finger nail and it fell off the board. It is one more reason i hate apple i any thing.

I also have a plaid screen after replacing the screen as well as unable to use the home button an the unable to shut off the phone an slider won't work

by Brandon kain

Austin Harris will be eternally grateful.